Video Posted on
Big Lake Software sponsored a video log on the topic of Lean Portfolio Management with Alex Yakyma, Founder of Org Mindset, author of “The Rollout”, and Marshall Guillory, Principal Consultant, Enterprise Agility Coach and author at blogagility.com.
This vlog is longer than the normal 2-3 minutes for hard hitting, short timebox coaching videos. The discussion covers quite a bit of ground on five primary topics within LPfM at a fair depth for a little over 32 minutes.
Part 1 Topics:
- Define what LPfM is first, in the context of a Lean-Agile transformation or an org mostly demonstrating Lean behavior / Agile behavior
- Is it necessary for every impl. / organization
- What size fits? Enterprise? Startups?
- Understanding a business’s portfolio(s) relationship between strategy and value streams / mapping
- Impediments to implementing LPfM”?
- How to get in front of forecasting with the portfolio coupled with the idea of exploration and validated learning at the highest level in the org.
- Options thinking and embracing variability and uncertainty at the portfolio level; exploiting economic opportunities.