Video Posted on
This is my (Marshall Guillory) vlog interview and discussion with Tom Henricksen for the 2017 Agile Online Summit – The virtual agile conference. Tom is a very generous gentleman and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to share my ideas and thoughts with the AOS community. Thank you Tom, we all owe you a debt of gratitude for your efforts!
Also, keep an eye out for my vlog with Alex Yakyma, the author of “The Rollout”, all around nice guy, founder of Org Mindset, and thought leader in the Lean-Agile space.
I have been very busy the past few weeks with various things so I apologize for the lack of new content. I did run across a few great articles that I suggest you read (approx. 20m total reading plus 55m video).
How to use Personas for Empathy Mapping – Article No :1264 | June 27, 2014 | by Nikki Knox
Scrum Guide 2017 Update! – Sutherland and Schwaber
SAFe for Government Programs (I’ve really enjoyed the process of helping to develop this new course!) – Dr. Mayner and H. Koehnemann.
Embracing your Genius – M. Willeke
New SPC Toolkit for Scalable DevOps and the Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Scaled Agile – Jennifer Fawcett, Product Owner and SAFe Fellow
Aside Posted on
Thinking this morning about a conversation I had yesterday at happy hour with several truly impressive human beings.
Some characteristics of a high performance Lean-Agile team:
- no longer needs a scrum master or lean agile leader
- uses the best of Scrum as an empirical framework for an amazingly lean sustainable flow process
- also uses principles of Lean and a Kanban system
- has a natural affinity for pulling the right work at the right time
- possesses high trust within the team and externally known to consistently deliver successful outcomes; builds trust with other teams
- regularly pushes the boundaries of what is possible as innovators
- cares deeply about people and the organization
- committed to continuous learning and relentless improvement
Quote Posted on Updated on
The vlog competitions have begun. Agile vlog LEARNING starts here at blogagility.com! 🙂
Great work guys. Love the topic. Interesting, the barriers humans build.
This is from a course on September 20-21, 2017. That thing in the red circle is the second iteration of three outcome of the “Autonomous Drone Ambulance / Medical Transport” product the team decided to build for their simulation. Very creative! It was decent when finished. I forgot to get a pic, apologies.
I have now adapted the simulation to allow the team to self-organize around the product they will develop.